The state legislative session is a window in time when our 104 state legislators come together to propose, debate and pass all new legislation for the state of Utah. We have only ONE SHORT legislative session per year, lasting only 45 days starting TODAY.
This year Action Utah will be busy distributing actions to our members to support good policies during the session, and at times to oppose bad policies. But we need your help!
CALL TO ACTION
Get ready to make a big impact during the legislative session, January 23rd – March 9th by:
- Find your representatives’ phone number, email address and home address and add them to your contacts. Every Utahn has one state senator and one representative. Find out who represents you by clicking here.
- Bookmark Action Utah’s Take Action! page on our website, or follow us daily on Facebook or Twitter for information on the issues and actions you can take during the session.
- Commit to taking action! We are committed to creating meaningful actions in coordination with the legislators, lobbyists and advocates running efforts on specific bills. Things happen quickly during the session, so when we post a call to action, we ask you to act QUICKLY. Most actions can be done by any Utahn from anywhere in the state or world. A few will require participation on Capitol Hill in Salt Lake City. Join us for what you can!
- Join one of our Action Teams! Interested in getting a little more involved? We are accepting Action Team members from across the state to take actions from near and far. Read on to find out more.
- Check out Action Utah’s 2017 State Legislative Session page on our website for more details about Republican and Democratic bills we are tracking and taking action on this legislative session.
Last week at our community meeting in Salt Lake City, volunteers organized into three Action Teams to tackle bills on social policy, health policy and environmental policy. Action Team captains will coordinate specific and meaningful actions directly with legislators, lobbyists and issue-specific organizations to send out to all our members across the state during the session. Action Teams of volunteers will additionally take actions such as:
- Spreading the word about our calls to action and rallying small groups of people to take specific actions
- Writing letters to the editor and op-eds
- Participating in visits to the capitol to meet with legislators and voice support or opposition to their bills
Join our Social Policy, Health or Environmental Action Teams today by contacting us here.
We look forward to making a big impact on the hill this year, and thank you for your support and enthusiasm in taking actions that make a difference!