It has been a fast and exciting 2017 state legislative session. Thank you so much, Action Utah members, for your tireless efforts over the last 45 days! Because of you, Action Utah was able to:
- Track 60 bills in health, social, environmental and government policy
- Mobilize our membership base, including 140 action team members who took additional actions and responsibilities
- Put out nearly 200 calls to action that reached thousands of people every day
- Prioritize actions on 40 bills, resolutions and appropriations requests, of which 18 good bills got passed and funded and 7 bad bills were blocked, stalled or amended (that’s a 63% success rate!)
- Achieve an 87% success rate on our prioritized social policy bills
- Submit dozens of press submissions
- Testify on several key bills
- Send people to the Capital to lobby legislators more times than we can count!
Action Utah leaders also appeared on TV twice and had two radio interviews discussing our work. We could not have made the impact we did without you!
Stay tuned for more details and highlights from the state legislative session in our weekly email!
What’s Next For Action Utah
- State legislative projects we will take on during the interim
- Action Utah Road Trip across the state to meet with our members and their legislators, county council members and community leaders
- Updates from our Issue Captains on current happenings in policy at the state and federal level
- Our next quarterly in-person meeting
- Educational and training opportunities to get to know the issues, the policy makers and ways to impact them
Become an Issue Captain or join an Issue Team. Our team of experts research and vet information and create calls to action for our members on key issues that matter to Utah. Are you an expert in immigration, public lands, gun laws, racial/gender equality, clean air, government policy, voting issues, criminal justice, etc, and want to join an Issue Team or become an Issue Captain? Please contact us here.
Get involved over the interim. Action Utah will be pursuing policy projects in a range of issue areas over the interim to help create good bills with bipartisan support for the next legislative session. Do you have a special skill or interest in pursuing one of our interim projects to further good policy that works for Utah? Please email us!
Consider becoming a delegate or running for office. Action Utah will be hosting events to teach our members what it means to become a delegate or a candidate in Utah and what training opportunities exist to help you, no matter which party you are affiliated with. Contact us if you are interested in learning more — we want to help our members get valuable resources across the state.
Consider donating. Did you like what we did over the state legislative session? Do you believe in the impact ordinary Utahns can make by getting involved and taking meaningful actions? Consider supporting us through a donation to keep Action Utah going, growing, improving and keeping you informed about how you can make a difference. Click here to make a donation through Paypal or click here to donate through Venmo.
Volunteer for Action Utah! We are always seeking helpers! We are currently in search of volunteers who can commit a small amount of time regularly each week for research, projects, fundraising, strategic planning, legislative writing, marketing, communications, app development and PR. Contact us to volunteer.
Come to an Action Utah meeting. We love meeting our members, discussing our vision and making plans together for a successful year. Stay tuned for details on upcoming events, coming soon!
Thank you all!
Andrea Himoff & Katie Lieberman
Co-Founders, Action Utah