Writing a Letter to the Editor or Op-Ed on an issue that matters to you can help give the issue needed attention, sway public opinion, pressure elected officials to take action or simply educate the community. Action Utah leaders and members submit Op-Eds and LTEs throughout the year on a range of issues. Here’s what we’ve been writing.
Did you get an op-ed or LTE published? Let us know so we can help spread the word!
– Deseret News, February 11, 2018, by AU Policy Coordinator Ashley Anderson with Christy Clay:
“Opinion: Utahns won’t benefit from more oil and gas production — just the companies that operate here”
– Salt Lake Tribune, December 9, 2017, by AU member Stan Holmes
– The Spectrum, December 4, 2017, by AU Policy Coordinator Miriah Elliott, regarding Rep. Ward’s Family Planning Services Amendments
– Deseret News, Decemeber 2, 2017, by AU Policy Director Carrie Butler, on autism insurance and Sen. Allen Christiansen’s change of heart
– Salt Lake Tribune, Noveber 25, 2017, by AU member Kat Martinez
– Deseret News, October 21, 2017, by AU Policy Coordinator Laura Bandara
– Salt Lake Tribune, September 17, 2017, by AU member and former leader Kate Ferguson
– Salt Lake Tribune, September 13 2017, by AU Policy Coordinator Laura Bandara
– Deseret News, September 7, 2017, by AU Policy Coordinator Laura Bandara
– Salt Lake Tribune, May 16, 2017, by AU Policy Coordinator Ashley Anderson about the benefits of trading SITLA lands captured in Bears Ears for more profitable lands
“Letter: Come visit”
– Deseret News, April 15th, 2017, by AU Issue Captain Kate Ferguson to Secretary Zinke during the national monuments review by the Department of the Interior
– The Independent, February 18, 2017, by AU member Marianne Mansfield assessing the benefits of Rep. King’s legislation to help vulnerable Utahns find housing that leads to better outcomes for their families and communities