This week our Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, made three announcements:
- He would continue the investigation into Clinton’s emails (NBC)
- He would not look into the alleged Russian hacking of election, but rather defer to others on that issue (KUTV)
- He may investigate the chief of the independent Office of Government Ethics for confronting Trump on his conflicts of interest this week, but not Trump himself for his conflicts of interest (NY Times)
How do a majority of Utahns feel about these issues and what the priorities of our Utah Representatives should be? Let’s let Chaffetz know.
CALL TO ACTION
FLOOD Chaffetz’ Facebook AND Twitter (@jasoninthehouse) pages TODAY to let him know how you feel about the House Oversight Committee’s priorities, decision to place partisanship above valid concerns about threats to our citizens and government, use of public funds and responsibilities to protect the American people, the government and the election from interference by a hostile foreign power. THREE RULES:
- Be respectful – angry comments do not accomplish anything
- Use the hashtag #securityoverpolitics
- Be sure to mention if you are a constituent
This is an easy one, folks — you don’t even have to pick up the phone! But this action will only be effective if Chaffetz feels the flood. So please SHARE this action with others and COMMENT to let us know that you took action!