Sen. Brian Shiozawa’s S.C.R. 6: CONCURRENT RESOLUTION ON GUARDING THE CIVIL LIBERTIES AND FREEDOMS FOR ALL AMERICAN PEOPLE
This resolution affirms the Legislature’s and the Governor’s commitment to protect the civil liberties, religious freedoms, and dignity of all Americans, legal immigrants, and refugees. It expresses the Legislature’s and the Governor’s determination to protect the constitutional rights of all people; and welcomes any and all efforts to educate and promote understanding and good will among the pluralistic communities that are an integral part of Utah’s rich history and heritage.
SCR 6 has a hearing with the Senate Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee at 8AM TOMORROW MORNING! Let’s support this resolution and help ensure it gets passed!
CALL TO ACTION
- Contact the members of the Senate Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee BEFORE 8AM TOMORROW and ask them to support this resolution! Be sure to mention if you are a constituent.
- District 25 Constituents: We especially need Sen. Lyle Hillyard’s constituents (Cache, Rich Counties) to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org asking him to support the resolution. Sen. Hillyard requested changes to the resolution, all of which were made, so we need you to urge him to support SCR 6!
- Contact your own state senator and ask them to support this resolution. Find your state senator by clicking here.
Use one of these subject headers:
“Please support SCR 6: Concurrent Resolution on Guarding the Civil Liberties and Freedoms for All American People”
“I LIVE IN YOUR DISTRICT – Please support S.C.R. 6: Concurrent Resolution On Guarding The Civil Liberties And Freedoms For All American People.”
Please use the following talking points when crafting your email (and be sure to personalize it):
- This bill protects civil liberties, religious freedoms, and dignity of all Americans
- It protects the constitutional rights of Utah residents
- This bill would celebrate Utah’s rich history and heritage by educating and promoting understanding of our pluralistic communities
- I believe in the rich and diverse communities that compose Utah’s history, culture, and heritage
Members of the Senate Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee