Oppose the AHCA for public health AND education in Utah

There are a lot of reasons to call your Representative today asking they vote NO on the AHCA. But education is also being impacted, specifically for disabled students.
This NY Times piece breaks down how the AHCA would prevent Medicaid reimbursements common among special education students.
How doest this figure into Utah education? Rural Utahns are most likely to suffer under this policy. Given that rural Utah perspectives get a lot of lip service from our Congressional Representatives they should know that disabled students in rural Utah are already likely to struggle with access to care and make up the bulk of students impacted by this aspect of the AHCA (Deseret News).


  • Call your U.S. Representative today and ask them to vote NO to support disabled students in their rural counties who need access to Medicaid reimbursements.

Rep. Rob Bishop (Congressional District 1): 202-225-0453 (DC) // 801-625-0107 (Ogden)
*NOTE: Reports from members say that Bishop’s lines are busy or voicemail is full. If all else fails, try emailing Rep. Bishop through his website here.
Rep. Chris Stewart (Congressional District 2): 202-225-9730 (DC) // 801-364-5550 (SLC) // 435-627-1500 (St. George)
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Congressional District 3): (202) 225-7751 (DC) // (801) 851-2500 (UT)
Rep. Mia Love (Congressional District 4): (202) 225-3011 (DC) // 801-996-8729 (West Jordan)

Not sure who your U.S. Representative is? Check here.

For more information about the American Health Care Act and its impact on health care (along with talking points), please click here.

One Comment

  1. bill martin May 4, 2017 at 2:47 pm

    Would you please provide us with a list of how each of our congressman voted on the special bills that mean a lot to people in Utah. It would be a great service to all of us by keeping us informed.

Leave A Comment

Go to Top