The Women in the Economy Commission, co-chaired by Rep. Rebecca Chavez-Houck and Rep. Becky Edwards, created a list of legislative priorities for improving family economic prosperity in Utah. Legislators presented their good family economic prosperity bills last week at a press conference (check out the media coverage by the Deseret News, Salt Lake Tribune, KUTV, and KUER).
Action Utah is prioritizing 3 of these bills this week to help them get more support and move through the legislative process. But we need YOUR help!
CALL TO ACTION
HB 57: Utah Intergenerational Poverty Work and Self-sufficiency Tax Credit supports progress toward financial stability and independence for working families, strengthens Utah’s economy by reducing poverty in a responsible and lasting way and creates better outcomes for families and children.
- Click here to ask your senator to vote YES on HB 57 today.
- Join Action Utah at the Capitol for our weekly Lobby Day TOMORROW at 1:00p to learn how to lobby legislators in person, and join us on the lobbying floor to must senator support for HB 57. No experience necessary! RSVP here.
HB 148: Tax Revisions would eliminate the state sales tax on food to ease the burden on the state’s most vulnerable, including low-income families and fixed-income seniors.
- Click here to ask your state senator to support this moral imperative.
- Join Action Utah at the Capitol for our weekly Lobby Day TOMORROW at 1:00p to learn how to lobby legislators in person, and join us on the lobbying floor to must senator support for HB 57. No experience necessary! Does this bill impact you or someone you know? Then your stories are powerful. Join us in advocating for this good bill! RSVP here.
HB 283: Workplace Protection Amendments would creates more equitable and fair workplaces by extending anti-discrimination and anti-harassment labor laws to small workplaces.
- Do you work for a company with less than 15 employees and have a story to tell about overt or subtle discrimination or harassment? Utah Women’s Coalition is collecting your stories! Please take 3 minutes to complete this confidential survey in order to advance workplace protections in small workplaces.