As the 2018 State Legislative Session draws to a close, we at Action Utah are looking back on a big session with a record number of bills. Our Action Utah team has been on the ground at Capitol Hill every day of the session bringing you opportunities to take action to impact bills on health care, air quality, education, Medicaid, family economic prosperity, food tax, women’s health, water quality, voting policy, electric vehicles, poverty, housing, opioid addiction and much more. Here’s what we’ve done:
- Tracked 90 bills
- Prioritized 58 bills — bringing you action and education opportunities
- Placed, drafted and/or significantly shaped the language on 7 bills/initiatives
- Put out well over 100 calls to action for community members to impact legislation
- 11 Radio, TV and podcast interviews
- 9 Lobby Days and large community education events
- 5 Speaking engagements and 3 press conferences
Action Utah has built a strong reputation on Capitol Hill as a bridge builder, partner and important voice. Check out what people are saying about us!
We can’t do any of this important work without the generous support of our members. Can you chip in $10, $25, $50, $100 or any amount you can to elevate the voices of Utahns in the issues that matter to you most?
We will continue to work on top priorities for Utahns through the end of the State Legislative Session and beyond, with initiatives already in the works for 2019. But we need your help to spread education, training and advocacy opportunities across Utah!
Executive Director, Action Utah