During the legislative session Action Utah worked on policies that benefit women and families, such as expanding workplace protections and providing paid family leave. We hope to see these policies proposed again in 2019. But legislation is not the only way to strengthen the impact and leadership of women in Utah. Improvements can come at home and in the workplace. Check out these suggestions from the Utah Women & Leadership Project.
What can you do
- Check out UWLP’s brief: “The Status of Women Leaders in Utah Business: A 2018 Update,” hot off the presses and full of surprising results!
- Attend UWLP’s free hour-long webinar, How Women’s Innate Leadership Traits Can Catalyze Radical Innovation, with Dr. Sunnie Giles on May 10 at 11:00a to learn how women’s innate leadership traits can catalyze radical innovation. Register today!
- Check out what Better Days 2020 is up to and considering donating, participating in projects or events or becoming a partner.
- Attend the UWLP community event, Strengthen Your Impact as Girls & Women in Vernal on May 15th, 6:30-8:00p. Co-hosted by Utah State University Uintah Basin and featuring a keynote address by Dr. Susan Madsen and a fabulous panel with Sonja Norton (Former Mayor of Vernal), Ronee K. Wopsock (Education Director, Ute Tribe), Becky Williams (Associate Professor of Biology), and Julie May (Owner, Shine Events).
- Ask your company, nonprofit, school/school district or agency to formally take the ElevateHER Challenge through the Women’s Leadership Institute and join over 150 participating organizations in pledging to elevate the stature of women’s leadership through internal policies and hiring practices.
Check out the events of all women’s groups in the state on the UWLP community calendar here.
In addition, if you are interested in connecting with a women’s group in Utah, here is UWLP’s comprehensive list.
Action Utah is proud to have worked with the following women’s organizations:
- Real Women Run
- Women’s Leadership Institute
- Better Days 2020
- Utah Women’s Coalition
- League of Women Voters
- Mormon Women for Ethical Government
- Women in the Economy Commission