Today is the 2018 Primary Election — your last chance to cast a ballot in primary election races across Utah. Voting is one of the best ways to make your voice heard and impact policy decisions by choosing the decision makers themselves.
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Make a plan for how and when you will vote today and follow through to cast your ballot today!
Don’t know where or how to vote? These resources will help you!
- Enter your address at vote.utah.gov to find out if there is a primary election in your area and where your polling location is.
- Call your County Clerk’s office or visit your county elections website to find out who is on the ballot and where your polling location is.
- Check our VOTER GUIDE for more details about elections and voting.
YOUR VOTE MATTERS
It’s true. Here’s why:
- Utah has a historically low voter turnout – Even in the 2016 presidential election we were only 39th in the nation. YOU can help change that!
- Primary elections can often matter MORE than general elections – In the many districts where one party holds a majority over another, primary races in the majority party almost certainly determine who will win the general election.
- Low voter turnout means YOUR COTE COUNTS MORE – Primary elections usually get fewer voters than general elections
- EVERY VOTE COUNTS – Did you know some Utah elections are decided by only 4 or 5 votes? It’s true! Use your vote to make a difference!