Be patriotic – get engaged!
Civic engagement is a great way to show patriotism for your country! Action Utah helps you make an impact on the policy decisions that impact you, your family and your community by making community engagement easy, meaningful and accessible to all Utahns. For the 4th of July, we suggest these 4 ways to be patriotic and boost your civic engagement with Action Utah!
1. REGISTER FOR OUR SPOTLIGHT DISCUSSION ON HEALTHCARE (JULY 18TH). Action Utah’s July Interim Session Tour of the State Capitol will feature a discussion on what’s happening with Medicaid expansion (Prop 3 vs. HB472) and what legislators are doing about our high suicide rates in Utah. Space is limited – be sure to !
- Join us July 18th, 12:00-1:00p at the State Capitol. More information and RSVP.
2. BECOME A MONTHLY SUSTAINER TO “JOIN THE ACTION” THIS JULY! July is our big membership drive month, and we need 50 new Monthly Sustainers to meet our quarterly goals! Can you help? Action Utah depends on support from our members to give you tools and resources year round so you can stop feeling helpless and start taking action. Become a Monthly Sustainer today — and ask your friends to join you!
3. NEW! GET PRIVATE COACHING FROM ACTION UTAH! Many people want to make a difference, but don’t know where to start, what civic engagement looks like or how to effectively contact their elected officials. Others are looking for ways to hone their focus, make their advocacy more effective or overcome fears. Whatever your experience level, Action Utah now offers private coaching to help you get informed, gain confidence and access easy and meaningful ways to make a difference.
4. HOST A LIVING ROOM CONVERSATION. Want to know more about how YOU can make an impact? Action Utah leaders will come to you! We hold casual conversations in homes and backyards across Utah for groups of 15 or more to demystify our political system, give you community advocacy tools and skills and discuss specific issues that matter to you.
1. VOLUNTEER FOR PROP 3 FOR MEDICAID EXPANSION (JULY 4TH).The Utah Decides Healthcare ballot initiative has landed on the ballot as Prop 3! Help get the word out to voters on July 4th! More info and sign up details here.
2. LEARN ABOUT THE CANDIDATES. Last week the 2018 Primary Election determined which candidates will face off in the general election this November for state and county offices and state and local school board positions.
- Find out about who won by checking the Primary Election Results
- Research the winners (check campaign pages or news articles) to get prepared for the November 6th General Election.
- Join events like Crossroads Urban Center’s Meet the Candidates BBQ on July 11th.
3. SUPPORT GOOD PUBLIC LANDS POLICY WITH THE ACE ACT. Action Utah members have been calling for a Trust Land Exchange to protect sensitive lands and maximize revenues for Utah public schools. Click here to find out how you can help Rep. Stewart’s good ACE Act become a reality!
- Interim Session Tour of the State Capitol: Spotlight on Healthcare – Wed, July 18th, 12:00-1:00p at the State Capitol. Get the low-down on public participation on Capitol Hill. Plus, this month AU leaders and our guest speakers will discuss what’s happening with Medicaid expansion (Prop 3) and what legislators are doing to reduce suicides in Utah. Space is limited. Register now!
Happy Independence Day!
Wishing you a patriotic 4th of July and an engaged year impacting the issues you care about!
Executive Director, Action Utah