Talking is not the same as doing.
As good as it may temporarily feel to vent about your political frustrations, talking without doing something to make a difference can ultimately make you feel more helpless. You are anything but! People of all stripes, ages and ideologies can have a voice in the issues they care about. But it requires taking ACTION. Create a plan for how you will make a difference today!
Make a plan to get more civically engaged! Many people say they want to be more engaged, but they don’t know where to begin. We’ve created a simple tool to help you forge a plan and take simple steps to carry it out.
- Download or print our WORKSHEET: Make a Civic Engagement Plan and fill it out. Taking ten minutes to complete this form will pay off in spades with the difference you will start making!
Community leaders: get your org or business more engaged! Let’s face it — the issues impact your cause, mission and bottom line. But did you know you can help shape policy decisions on the issues through the civic engagement of your leaders, staff and volunteers? Action Utah now offers private, custom-tailored advocacy training workshops for businesses and organizations looking to impact issues in a meaningful way. Get a free preview and civic engagement training 101 at our August Interim Session Tour & Talk: Civic Engagement on the Hill and Beyond on Wed, Aug 15th at the State Capitol.
- Space is limited. Register today for the August Interim Session Tour & Talk!
- Contact us to learn more about booking a private workshop for your organization or business.
Join our Letter Team! Not only can you learn how to use letters to the editor as an effective advocacy tool, by joining our letter team, you will get vetted info and talking points on new issues each month, editorial feedback on your drafts, submission advice and amplification of your published letters on the Action Utah social media network!
from the comfort of your own computer. Like, share and comment on Action Utah’s posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to spread the word about events and calls to action to help more people get more engaged!
Volunteer for Action Utah on September 11th! Action Utah will be holding a breakout session at the CAP Utah 8th Annual Poverty Conference in Provo on September 11th. We need volunteers to man our table at the conference throughout the day. Can you volunteer 2-3 hours of your time to spreading the word about civic engagement and Action Utah?
- Contact us to sign up!
- CCL Presents: “On the Road for Climate Action” – Mon, August 6th, 7:00p at the Provo City Library. As climate change continues to diminish our snowpack as well as adversely affect our forests and valleys here in Utah, Dr. Shahir Masri shares his insight on the effects of climate change on a worldwide scale. Includes a panel of scientists from BYU and UVU.
- Interim Tour & Talk: Spotlight on Civic Engagement – Wed. August 15th, 12:00-1:00p at the Utah State Capitol. Bring a bag lunch and join Action Utah leaders to hear how you and/or your organization can make an impact on the issues you care about, including Civic Engagement 101 and a window into Interim Session. Space is limited — register today!
It’s time to build up your engagement.
Policy development will heat up in the fall, and come winter it will be legislative season once again. Prepare to make a difference now by boosting your skills and making a plan to get more civically engaged!
Co-Founder and Executive Director