As summer winds down, advocates across the state are ramping up activity to impact the issues that matter to you, legislators are finalizing bill language and building support for new policies, and appropriations discussions are zeroing in on budget decisions for the 2019 fiscal year.
Issues can affect individuals and families, entire communities and organizations and businesses. What matters most to you, your family, community, mission or bottom line? Learn more about the issue you and how YOU can impact it!
Here are 6 ways you can boost your impact on an issue that matters to you:
- Make a Civic Engagement Plan
- Get your organization or business more engaged
- Host a Living Room Conversation
- Attend events – like YWCA’s Women’s Policy Conference on August 23-24, Crossroads Urban Center’s Annual Poverty Summit on Aug 25, or Better Days 2020’s Party Like it’s 1870!
- Join our Letter Team
- Join our Social Media Team