The 2018 election is coming up on November 6th, but you can vote sooner than you may think! Here’s what you should know now in order to plan ahead:
1. Register to vote:
You can register to vote at the polls on Election Day or during the Early Voting Period, but if you register beforehand:
- October 9, 2018: last day to register to vote by mailing in a registration form.
- October 30, 2018: last day to register to vote online or at your county clerk’s office.
- You can also register to vote right now by texting “VOTERISE” to 788-683. Takes two minutes!
- General Election: November 6, 2018
- Mail ballots are mailed to voters: around October 16, 2018 and can be returned right away
- In-person early voting: October 23, 2018 through November 2, 2018
- Mail ballot postmark deadline: on or before November 5, 2018 (the day before the Election)
Register to vote and mark your calendars to plan when you will cast your ballot.
Find out what state-wide Propositions and Constitutional Amendments will be on the ballot at elections.utah.gov.