Yes on Prop 3!
This November, voters will be asked to vote on expanding Medicaid to include 150,000 Utahns who currently do not have access to health care. According to recent polling, most people in Utah favor the expansion.
Medicaid expansion has been debated for 5 years in the state legislature with no results. 33 other states have already expanded Medicaid and are seeing the economic benefits.
Did you know?
- Nearly $800 million in federal funds are set aside every year for Utah that we aren’t getting? Prop 3 will allow us to bring those funds back to the state, provide coverage to 150,000
more Utahns and create thousands of jobs. Bringing these funds back to Utah will generate
millions of dollars in new economic activity in our state every year.
- Medicaid expansion helps workers become self-sufficient. When workers at low wage jobs get a promotion or takes on more hours to get ahead, they shouldn’t have to lose their healthcare
because of it. When Medicaid adequately covers working people as they pull themselves out of poverty, it rewards their hard work instead of punishing it.
- Most Utahns who would qualify for Medicaid are ALREADY working one or more jobs. Helping
low income moms and dads who are working their way out of poverty obtain health care is a
hand up, not a hand out.
- When parents get coverage, children get covered too. By expanding Medicaid to working
parents, GOMB estimates that 22,500 children will become enrolled as well.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Watch this video to learn about Prop 3 and Medicaid expansion. Be sure to share it on social media! Share these Facebook and Twitter posts (also below) to share easily.
- Volunteer to spread the word at one of these upcoming events.
- Write a letter to the editor or op-ed to your local paper with your personal story about how Medicaid has positively impacted you. Use our TIPS on how to write an effective letter to the editor here.
Why does Action Utah support Medicaid expansion? Because a majority of Utahns do. Prop 3 expands healthcare access to 150,000 Utahns, brings in $800 million a year, grows our economy and creates jobs. #Yeson3 @UtahDecides https://t.co/Kz8aVmcmBb
— Action Utah (@action_utah) September 10, 2018