A majority of Utahns support it. Now it’s up to voters to pass it.
Help spread the word about Better Boundaries (Prop 4), the ballot measure that would create an independent redistricting commission to advise legislators on fair and balanced districts. This measure has bipartisan community support and is favored by 67% of Utahns. Redistricting measures have already been passed in 17 states — let’s help Utah become the 18th!
Prop 4 can help:
- Strengthen elections by making elections more competitive (271 state elections have gone entirely uncontested since the last redistricting in 2011)
- Strengthen Utah cities by giving them the ability to advocate as a hole within a single district (15 Utah cities are split into 2 or more congressional districts, diluting their voting power)
- Grow voter engagement in gerrymandered locations where voters feel their vote doesn’t matter
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Join the Gerry-meander 5K Fun Run, Sat. Sept 29 in SLC! Better Boundaries and League of Women Voters Salt Lake have teamed up to get the word out about gerrymandering at this family friendly, fun event. Sign up and get details here.
- Attend a “Unpacking the Initiatives: Redistricting Reform” on October 16 to better understand Prop 4. Then tune in on Facebook @ActionUtah for “What’s on Your Ballot: Redistricting Reform (Prop 4)“, a Facebook Live post-panel discussion where you can submit your questions about the measure and get them answered.
- Donate or volunteer to help Better Boundaries in the final days leading up to the election. No help is too little! Donate here. Sign up to Volunteer here.