Elections are nearing, and this is the sprint to the finish line! Proposition 3: Utah Decides Healthcare would expand Medicaid at long last after 5 years of efforts at the state legislature. Not only would it bring health care to 150,000 Utahns, it would bring in $9 in federal funding for every $1 contributed by a small increase in the sales tax on non-grocery items. That means no dent in the state budget, and a return on investment of $800 million per year in federal funding, plus economic benefits to the whole state from overall healthcare cost savings, economic growth and the creation of 14,000 jobs.
Prop 3 is a win-win!
That’s why 2/3 of Utahns support it. That’s why organizations like the Salt Lake County Board of Health, AARP, and the Utah Medical Association endorse Prop 3. But the measure won’t win unless enough voters pass Prop 3 on election day. That’s where you come in…
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Join Action Utah’s Prop 3 phone bank on November 1st at 5:30p in Salt Lake City. No experience necessary! Space is limited — sign up by emailing us today!
- Sign up for another Prop 3 phone bank! Simply sign up here and check the date(s) you are available to make calls. No experience necessary! Phone banking can be fun and easy. Use your voice to help get Medicaid expanded in Utah! Upcoming dates include:
- TONIGHT, October 17 – 5:30p-8:30p
- Saturday, October 20 – Two shifts, 11:00a-4:00p
- Wednesday, October 24- 5:30-8:30p
- Saturday, October 27 – Two shifts, 11:00a-4:00p
- Thursday, November 1 – 5:30-8:30p
- Saturday, November 3 – 5:30-8:30p
- Watch Action Utah’s “What’s On Your Ballot? Medicaid Expansion (Prop 3)“, with a panel of local advocates discussing why Prop 3 matters in Utah.
- Spread the word about Prop 3 and why it matters to you on social media by liking and sharing posts from Prop 3 (@prop3utah) on Facebook.
“What’s on Your Ballot? Medicaid Expansion (Prop 3)” with Action Utah