The 2018 Midterm Elections are upon us!
Ballots are in the mail and early voting begins TODAY! If you haven’t voted yet, it’s time to make a plan for how, where and when you will vote.
HOW YOU WILL VOTE
Mark in your calendar right now a date and time when you plan to go over your ballot and decide what and who you want to vote. You may need to do a little research to find out about what’s on your ballot and who’s on your ballot.
Check out these Action Utah resources for assistance:
- What’s on your ballot? Become an Educated Voter
- VOTER GUIDE
- What’s on Your Ballot: Medicaid Expansion (Prop 3) – video
- What’s on Your Ballot: Redistricting Reform (Prop 4) – video
- What’s on Your Ballot: Ballot Overview and Voting Procedures – video
Do you need to register to vote? You have until October 30th to register online, in person at your County Clerk’s office or by texting “VOTERISE” to 788-683. Or you may register at the polls in person on November 6th and fill out a provisional ballot.
Do you need to re-register or update your voter registration info? Any person who has moved or changed their name since they last voted MUST reregister or update their voter registration information here.
WHERE & WHEN YOU WILL VOTE
Whether you are planning to vote by mail, vote early or vote in person on November 6th, it is important to mark your calendar NOW with the date and time you plan to cast your ballot. Do you need a ride to the polls, mailbox or ballot dropbox? Plan ahead so you have everything you need and nothing will interfere with your ability to cast your ballot.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Find your sample ballot and polling location at vote.utah.gov
Election dates and deadlines:
- Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by November 5th and do not require a postage stamp
- Early voting is October 23 – November 2
- Election Day polls are open on Tuesday, November 6 from 7:00a to 8:00p