The 2019 State Legislative Session will soon be here – get ready to make an impact!
On January 28th the 45-day State Legislative Session will begin, bringing our part-time legislators from across Utah to Capitol Hill to debate and vote on over 1,300 bills and balance our state budget. This is a great opportunity for community members to get involved and impact the policies that impact their lives and communities.
Taking action can be fun and easy!
Community members can take actions large and small to impact the issues. Action Utah is here to make it fun and easy – no matter your experience level. Start preparing now by taking these simple actions.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Subscribe to our email list by clicking here – We’ll send you an assortment of simple actions delivered in a single weekly email straight to your inbox. Pick and choose actions you want to take to impact your favorite bills.
- Download our State Legislative Session Advocacy Guide to give you step by step instructions and tips on how to be civically engaged to impact the issues that you care about.
- Attend an informational event. Action Utah is here to bring you the latest on the issues, upcoming bills and the skills and tools you’ll need to make a meaningful difference. Mark your calendars and register now for these great events!
- January 9th: Women’s Advocacy Seminar – Back by popular demand! Find out about proposed bills that impact women and families and get insider tips on how to help these good bills pass. Co-hosted with Women’s Leadership Institute. Tickets to this event go fast. Get yours today!
- January 17th: Letters & Conversations – Learn how to get elected officials to listen through key tips to calling, writing and meeting with reps at any level of government and writing letters to the editor.
- January 31st: 2019 Legislative Preview – Hear about good legislation directly from legislators at Action Utah’s popular annual event, featuring some of our top priority bills and community advocacy tips so YOU can make an impact. We invite you to join us for a VIP Reception prior to the event for conversation and refreshments to welcome new legislators into the State Legislature (purchase tickets here).