Day 1 of the 2019 State Legislative Session is Monday, January 28th. Community members can make a big impact by taking action to help pass good bills and amend or fail bad bills! Here are 5 simple things you can do to make sure you are ready to make a difference on Day 1.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Find out who represents you – Look up your state representative and state senator on the state legislative website at le.utah.gov or elections website at vote.utah.gov. Record your legislators’ contact info in your contacts for easy access during the Session.
- Learn how to talk and write to your legislators to make a meaningful impact by watching our “Letters & Conversations” workshop via streaming video on Facebook.
- Get our State Legislative Session Advocacy Guide – Full of tips, resources and how-to’s, this simple guide will help you navigate the Session.
- Check out our 2019 Legislative Guide to find out what good bills are coming up, and check in with our 2019 Bill Tracker, updated every day throughout the Session, to see what’s happening on the Hill with important policies.
- Subscribe to our emails to get action alerts and a weekly list of simple but meaningful actions you can take to get your voice heard.