The Clear the Air Challenge begins on Friday! This challenge runs through the month of February and gives you an opportunity to help improve the air quality in Utah. By taking the challenge, driving less and driving smarter, you can be part of the solution. This is what you need to know:
Dates and details to remember:
- February 1 – First day of the Clear the Air Challenge
- February 28 – Final day of the Clear the Air Challenge
- March 4 – Last day to log trips
- March 8 – Winners are announced!!
This year, the challenge aims to:
- Engage 10,000 participants
- Eliminate 300,000 vehicle trips
- Save 2 million miles
What is the Clear the Air Challenge?
The Clear the Air Challenge is centered on improving air quality, reducing traffic congestion and conserving energy. The challenge begins every year on February 1st and is a month long competition that gives you the chance to reduce vehicle emissions by eliminating trips using TravelWise strategies. During the winter months, poor air quality is a major concern in Utah. Vehicle emissions represent 50% of pollutants that are trapped during inversions. Simply reducing vehicle trips will protect our air, environment and quality of life.
How you can participate:
The ClearTheAirChallenge.org website has all the information and resources that you need to get started. Becoming part of the solution is explained in five simple steps:
- Register – Sign up as an individual or as a team with family, friends, or coworkers.
- Invite – The website provides tools like marketing and education materials. Use these tools to invite and motivate others to participate.
- Track – Use the TravelWise tracker to track trips and miles saved during the competition.
- Win – Use TravelWise strategies as an individual or a team to be recognized as a TOP Clear the Air Challenge Champion.
- Keep winning – Continue these strategies year round to keep improving air quality – making us all winners.
Thanks to the hard work of the Clear the Air Challenge partners and community supporters we can use this tool to work toward improving Utah’s air quality!