There are still hundreds of bills awaiting final votes from the Utah State Legislature, and it is as meaningful as ever to take action. Community members like you have taken hundreds of actions to advocate for the bills they care about. Don’t stop now! Choose your favorite bills and click the links below to take action. Each action takes only a few minutes, but can make a world of difference!
Action Center – take action now!
Your actions still matter as much as ever in the last few days of the 2019 state legislative session. Don’t overwhelm yourself – pick only the bills you care most about. Each action takes only a few minutes. Click these links to take action!
- HB 274 Retail Tobacco Specialty Amendments reduces youth access and exposure to flavored tobacco
- HB 370 Pharmaceutical Benefit Manager Amendments empowers consumers to make the affordable choice in pharmaceutical drug purchases
- HB 148 Vehicle Idling Revisions would make current anti-idling law more enforceable to reduce air pollution
- HB 295 Vehicle Emission Reduction Program (the “Cleaner Car bill”) reduces air pollution by taking some of the dirtiest cars off the road
- HB 353 Reduction of Single Occupancy Vehicle Trips Pilot Program encourages alternative and cleaner transportation practices to reduce air pollution
- HCR 3 the Locomotive Emissions resolution would request that the EPA create an ability for states to regulate air pollution from dirty trains, like freight switchers
- SB 144 Environmental Quality Monitoring Amendments creates air and water quality monitoring to improve environmental stewardship within the inland port
- HB 198 Education Accountability Amendments makes a simple fix to school grading to ensure schools continue to be held to high standards
- HB 260 Access Utah Scholarship Program would give more low income students the chance to pursue higher education by providing them with financial resources
- HB 373 Student Support Amendments provides funding provisions for school based mental health support
- HB 393 Suicide Prevention Amendments provides increased resources and information about suicide prevention and mental health treatment
- SB 34 Affordable Housing Amendments encourages Utah cities and towns to plan for affordable housing development linked to transportation planning and funding
- SB 103 Victim Targeting Punishment Enhancements provides an enhanced penalty for crimes committed because of bias – help this bill pass a final House vote!
- HB 259 Straight Ticket Voting Prohibition removes the straight ticket voting option from the ballot
- HB 244 Misdemeanor Sentencing Timeline Clarifications improves the criminal justice system and protects legal immigrants