Interim is coming! But what is Interim anyway and why does it matter for community members to be involved?
Our part-time state legislature meets each winter for 45 days for the state legislative session to debate and vote on all our state laws. In between these sessions, legislators come together once a month to study the issues facing our state at Interim Sessions – a single day (usually on the third Wednesday of the month) full of public committee meetings.
Community members may attend in person or participate by listening in online via the state legislative website (le.utah.gov) to learn about the issues and how they are being talked about by our elected officials. Participating in Interim can be informative, impactful and fun!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Join Action Utah on the Hill for our monthly Interim Session Tour & Talk Series (12-1p in the Seagull Room), starting with our “Interim 101” event on May 15 to give you the basics about how Interim works, what’s happening this month and how to participate! Register here.
- Mark your calendar for future Interim Sessions! Sit in on committee hearings throughout the day, attend our Tour & Talks or listen in online from May through November! Interim is the best time to get informed, build relationships and advocate for the issues you care about! Interim dates (tentative):
- May 15th
- June 19th
- August 21st
- September 18th
- October 23rd
- November 20th
- Find out more about how our state legislature works by clicking here.
Sign up for Action Utah’s May 15th event, Tour & Talk: Interim 101 (12-1p)!
Want to make a difference on the issues before the next election or legislative session? Interim is the place – and Action Utah is here to help! This month’s Interim Session Tour & Talk will focus on Interim Session basics to get you ready to make an impact all year, including:
- What is Interim Session and how does it work?
- What’s happening at Interim this month?
- How can community members participate?
Plus, get advocacy tips for making a difference and a tour of the Capitol Campus – the “People’s House”!
This event is free and open to the public. So bring a bag lunch and join us! Please be sure to REGISTER HERE.
LOCATION: Utah State Capitol Campus, 350 N. State Street, SLC. Meet in the Seagull Room in the Senate (East) Building, just inside the doors from the visitor parking lot.