In 2019 Utah will hold municipal elections in cities across the state to elect mayors, city council members and special service district reps, as well as to allow the public to weigh in on some local propositions. At the same time, the race has already begun for the 2020 elections nationwide. Primary debates are coming right up for both elections – including one TODAY!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Mark your calendar for primary debates to keep yourself informed about the candidates!
Democratic Presidential Candidate Primary Debates
- June 26 and 27, hosted by NBC News, MSNBC and Telemundo. The debates will be moderated by the NBC anchors Savannah Guthrie, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd, the Telemundo anchor José Díaz-Balart, and the MSNBC commentator Rachel Maddow. This is a great way to get to know the candidates and begin preparing for primary elections early next year. (Democratic Primaries in Utah for the presidential race will be held on Super Tuesday, March 3, 2020. Click here for dates for the primaries)
2019 SLC Mayoral race debates and meet & greets:
- TODAY! Wed, June 19 at 6:30p: Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council candidate meet-and-greet in the multipurpose room of Marmalade Library. This will be a “speed dating” format to encourage small group discussions with each candidate.
- June 24th, 7:00p: March For Our Lives’ SLC Mayor Town Hall on School Safety Gun Violence Prevention at the Impact Hub
- June 26th, 6:30p: ABU Education Fund and John R Park Debate Society’s SLC Mayoral Primary Debate at the SLC Public Library
- August 1, 6-8p: Sierra Club’s SLC Mayoral Primary Debate at SLC Public Library
The Utah Debate Commission is one of six applicants to host a presidential debate in 2020. Stay tuned for results of the application!