TOMORROW – Light the purple #M!
Join University of Utah and BYU students in showing that climate change is bigger than rivalry. Tomorrow during the big rivalry football game, students and community members will form a giant “#M” on the side of the mountain. The #M stands for “Middle” and for “Mitt”.
- Middle because if Utes and Cougs can meet up to work on climate solutions, Democrats and Republicans can too.
- And Mitt, because climate advocates want to thank our main man, Senator Mitt Romney, for taking climate change seriously.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Sign up to join the students in lighting up the purple #M. Find more details on the event below and at FarMiddle.com and RSVP here.
- Can’t light the #M? That’s okay! Here are two things you can do!
- Sign the first-ever “don’t change” Change.org petition to thank Sen. Mitt Romney for showing that climate change is bigger than rivalries and political ideologies. Bipartisanship (the far middle) is where durable solutions will be found.
- When the “#M” shows up on the side of the mountain, join community members in flooding Twitter with tweets about the petition and some love for our climate-friendly, neighborhood @SenatorRomney.
Show Utah and the world that if Utes and Cougs can team up on climate change, maybe Democrats and Republicans can too!
Details: Light the purple #M hike!
5:30PM – 7:00PM: Food and drinks at Rock Canyon Trailhead Pavilion. Alcohol prohibited.
7:00PM – 10:00PM: Hiking and lighting the purple #M.
Rock Canyon Trailhead Pavilion
2620 N 1450 E
Provo , UT 84601
This, but with a hashtag and the letter “M”. Bring a headlamp/extra flashlight to help with the night hiking.