Our state legislature is charged with making and amending all of our state laws and balancing our state budget. These decisions impact our lives and communities every day. But how do decisions get made and policies get shaped? Come to Capitol Hill this week to find out!
The legislative process is open to the public – and this week we have two chances to catch it in action:
- SPECIAL SESSION – Tonight at 6p our legislators will gather in the House and Senate chambers on Capitol Hill to vote on measures like changes to medical cannabis distribution and 2020 Census funding. You can watch in person from the gallery above or live online via the Reading Calendar on the state legislative website.
- INTERIM SESSION – This Wednesday, our legislators will return for a full day of committee hearings to study issues and develop draft legislation proposals for the 2020 Legislative Session. You can attend meetings live in person or listen live or later via the individual committee listings on the State Legislature’s Calendar. You can also attend Action Utah’s Tour & Talk at the State Capitol during lunchtime to join a conversation about air quality and climate!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Check out our September Interim Action Guide to learn about what activities are happening when and where so you can participate in any of the following:
- Attend or listen to the Special Session tonight at 6p
- Attend Action Utah’s Tour & Talk: Spotlight on Air Quality at noon on Sept 18 at the State Capitol
- Attend all or part of an Interim Committee meeting between 8:30a-4p on Wednesday