Our 2019 Impact Report is here!
The numbers are in, and it’s official: 2019 was a big year for Action Utah! Together, we made waves in 2019 supporting the will of the people and empowering community members to have a voice in the decisions that impact our lives. Highlights include:
- Over 31,000 actions taken!
- 72% success rate of bills we helped community members champion or oppose at the State Legislative Session
- Over 4,700 participants in educational events and speaking engagements across the state
- Membership growth to over 6,800 Utahns representing 98% of state legislative districts
But we have so much more to do! And you can help us make it happen!
Help us reach 50,000 actions in 2020!
The 2020 Legislative Session is starting this month and the 2020 Elections are just around the corner. Action Utah has big plans to kick up civic engagement so community members like YOU can make a difference.
Start the year off right by taking an easy action today!
Here are a few simple actions you can take right now to help jump start our 2020 action count!
- Sign up for our emails. Already signed up? Ask a friend to sign up. Better yet, ask five friends!
- Donate $5 to Action Utah. Every donation counts as an action that educates and mobilizes Utahns to get civically engaged
- Register for one of our upcoming events to learn more about the Legislative Session
- Sign the 2020 Voter Pledge to show your commitment to voting in 2020
Why does civic engagement even matter?
Civic engagement strengthens our communities and our democratic systems with the voices and participation of the people. In fact, data shows that higher levels of engagement produces lower unemployment, stronger schools, better physical health and more responsive government. Now that’s a reason for taking action!
We see every day the power of individuals and groups to change minds, sway votes and shape policy decisions. Every. Action. Counts.
So, c’mon, take an action today!