The 2020 Elections are already underway, with the first Presidential Primary race kicking off in Iowa primaries last week. Utah’s Presidential Primary Elections will be held on “Super Tuesday” on March 3, 2020. That means it’s time for Utahns to get ready to cast ballots!
Here’s what you can do to get ready
The Democratic and Republican Primaries will be held on the same day in Utah. Make sure you are ready and able to cast a vote to get your voice heard!
1. Register to vote
- The deadline for registering to vote by mail for the Presidential Primary has passed, but there is still time to register in person at your County Clerk’s office, online or by texting “VOTERISE” to 788-683. Registering takes three minutes or less!
- Update your registration if you have moved by clicking here.
- Spread the word to get others registered to vote!
2. Make a plan to vote
- Mark your calendar for elections on March 3 and decide how, when and where you will cast your ballot NOW to make sure you don’t miss your chance to cast your vote.
3. Get to know the candidates
- Check out Action Utah’s Guide to the 2020 Presidential Primaries for resources to help you understand the candidates.
- Watch the 8th Democratic Presidential Debates TOMORROW, hosted by ABC/WMUR-TV and Apple News at St. Anselm College in Manchester, NH.
Want to do more?
Here are 5 ways to get Utahns more engaged in the 2020 Elections!
- Spread the word to others by asking them to take the 2020 Voter Pledge!
- Participate in the Better Days 2020 event, 150th Anniversary “First to Vote” Celebration, For K-12 Students at the Utah Capitol on February 12th.
- Participate in the First to Vote Remembrance Walk with Better Days 2020 on February 14th at City Creek Park in Salt Lake.
- Attend the Women Power the Vote Day of Action, a celebration of the first Women’s Voter Registration Day in the nation at the Utah State Capitol with the League of Women Voters, on February 14th.
- Join the Voterise 2020 Challenge to help register more Utah women to vote!