Super Tuesday is March 3 – the day of the Utah Presidential Primary Election!
Make sure your voice gets heard by casting a ballot! Voters should have received a paper ballot in the mail by now. If you haven’t received a ballot, find out how to request one below to ensure you can participate in the election. Use Action Utah’s Guide to the 2020 Presidential Primaries to learn more about the candidates, debates and election dates. Click here to pledge to vote in 2020!
Three ways to vote in the 2020 Presidential Primary Election:
- Mail in your ballot – ballots may be cast as soon as they are received, but must be postmarked by March 2.
- Vote in person during early voting – early voting ends February 28 in most locations, but may be extended in your jurisdiction until March 2 (bring your mail-in ballot and a photo ID to cast a vote in person).
- Vote in person on election day – March 3 is the official election day (bring your mail-in ballot and a photo ID).
I have not received a paper ballot in the mail. Can I still vote?
YES. But you must contact your County Clerk by the end of business hours TOMORROW to request a ballot. Call your County Clerk’s office for details or submit this form immediately.
I am not affiliated with a political party. Can I vote in the Presidential Primary election?
YES, but only in the Democratic Primary. The Republican Primary is closed, meaning that only voters affiliated as Republican may cast a ballot in the Republican Primary. The deadline to affiliate as Republican passed on February 3 for the Presidential Primary. The Democratic Primary is an open, meaning unaffiliated voters may participate. Note: the next primary election is coming up on June 30, and it is not too late to affiliate with a party in advance of that election.
I am not yet registered to vote. Can I vote in the Presidential Primary election?
YES. There are two ways to register to vote in time to participate in the Presidential Primary election:
- Register online, in person at your County Clerk’s office or by texting “VOTERISE” to 788-683 by the end of business hours TOMORROW.
- Register to vote by casting a provisional ballot during early voting or on election day.
How can I help get out the vote this election?
Share this page with others to ensure more qualified voters participate in the 2020 Presidential Primary election!