The 2020 Primary Elections are upon us!
The Presidential Primary happened in March, but now we are voting for party candidates for county, state, congress, and school board races where there are more than two candidates per party for an elected seat.
Ballots will be in the mail as early as this week! Which is why we want to spend this week discussing the upcoming election! It’s time to make a plan for how, where, and when you will vote.
PREPARING TO CAST YOUR BALLOT
- Mark in your calendar right now a date and time when you plan to go over your ballot and decide what and who you want to vote for. You may need to do a little research to find out about who’s on your ballot.
- Do you need to register to vote or update your registration information? You have until June 19th to register to vote, update your registration, or change your party affiliation online at vote.utah.gov, or you register by texting “VOTERISE” to 788-683.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO SAME DAY VOTER REGISTRATION VIA PROVISIONAL BALLOT DURING THE PRIMARY ELECTIONS DUE TO COVID-19.
- Check out these Action Utah resources for assistance:
CASTING YOUR BALLOT
- Plan how you will cast your ballot.
- You can mail in your ballot: Be sure to put postage on your ballot, if necessary. If you can’t find a stamp use a ballot drop box or if you mail without a stamp your postal service will still deliver your ballot.
- You can deposit your ballot into a ballot drop box.
- Seven counties have opted to provide drive-thru voting on Election Day, June 30th. Consult with your County Clerk or local county elections website for details.
- Plan where you will cast your ballot. Find ballot drop box locations near you at vote.utah.org or on your local county elections website.
- Plan when you will cast your ballot.
- If you choose to mail your ballot, the ballot envelope must be postmarked by Election Day, June 30th.
- If you choose to deposit your ballot in a drop box, you must do so before 8 p.m. on Election Day, June 30th.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Find your sample ballot and polling location at vote.utah.gov
Election dates and deadlines:
- Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by June 30th
- There will be NO in-person early voting in the 2020 Primary Election
- Election Day ballots must be cast in drop boxes by 8:00 p.m. on June 30th