Ballots will be in the mail to voters next week! It’s time to make a plan for how, where, and when you will vote. Making a plan is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. PREPARE TO VOTE
- Calendar time to go over your ballot and decide what and who you want to vote for. Allow for some time to do a little research into candidates and ballot measures.
- Register to vote or update your registration information. You have until October 23rd at 5p to register to vote or update your registration if you moved or changed your name. Verify and update your voter registration online at vote.utah.gov, or register to vote by texting “VOTERISE” to 788-683, mailing or emailing this paper form, or registering in person (if offered) at your local county clerk’s office.
- Take the 2020 Voter Pledge to commit to voting by November 3 and help get out the vote!
2. DECIDE HOW YOU WILL VOTE
- Learn about the candidates and ballot questions on your ballot. Check out these Action Utah resources for assistance:
- The 2020 Voter Guide – what and who you can expect to find on your ballot, how to research the candidates and info about the seven statewide constitutional amendment questions.
- 2020 Vote Tracker – How your incumbent legislators voted on bills around top issues.
3. CAST YOUR BALLOT
- Decide HOW you will cast your ballot. There are three ways to cast your ballot:
- By mail: Be sure to put postage on your ballot, if necessary. If you can’t find a stamp use a ballot drop box or if you mail without a stamp your postal service will still deliver your ballot. Mailed ballots must be postmarked by NOVEMBER 2 – the day before the election. TIP: Mail your ballot early enough in the day to ensure it will get postmarked that day. End of day mail pickups will not necessarily get a same-day postmark.
- By drop box: Deposit your ballot into a ballot drop box free of charge. Be sure to use a drop box in the county where you are registered by 8:00pm on Election Day, November 3, 2020.
- In person: All counties will offer in-person voting options, either outside or indoors. Same day voter registration and provisional ballots will be offered.
- Plan WHERE you will cast your ballot. Find ballot drop box locations near you at vote.utah.org or on your local county elections website.
- Plan WHEN you will cast your ballot – and mark your calendar NOW.
- Mailed ballots must be postmarked by November 2.
- Drop box ballots must be deposited by November 3 at 8:00pm.
- Early voting will be available in person in all counties.
- In person votes must be cast by 8:00pm on Election Day, November 3, 2020.
- If you plan to vote in person – plan how you will get to your polling location.
THE GENERAL ELECTION WILL BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 3, 2020
The following are the election procedures for the general election confirmed on August 20, 2020 via SB 6007 Amendments to Elections:
- Ballots will be mailed 21 days prior to the election and may be cast as early as they are received.
- The voter registration deadline is October 23 by 5:00p. There will also be same day voter registration at polling locations through provisional ballots.
- All counties will offer in-person voting locations for early and Election Day voting — either indoors, outside or drive through.
- Ballots may be cast at in-person polling locations, in a ballot drop box within your county or by mail (ballots must be postmarked by November 2 – the day BEFORE the election).
- Ballot harvesting is prohibited, except in certain exceptions for family in the same household or people with disabilities. This is a permanent provision.
Find your sample ballot and polling locations at vote.utah.gov