Ballots went in the mail to voters in Utah TODAY, and you can cast your ballot as soon as you receive it! According to the Deseret News< today, election clerks anticipate that there will be record-breaking voter turnout for the 2020 Election. Election officials are asking Utah voters to cast their ballots as early as possible to avoid long lines at the polls on Election Day and make sure your vote gets included in election night results.
Check out this brief video to learn the three ways you can cast your ballot this election.
Please note: Single-mark straight-ticket voting has been eliminated from Utah ballots. Voters may still cast a vote for candidates from a single party if they choose to do so, however a vote must be cast for each individual seat on the ballot.
Not yet sure how you will vote? Get informed on the constitutional amendment questions and the candidates with Action Utah’s “What’s On Your Ballot?” event videos.
Once you have cast your ballot, here are two important things you can do:
- Track your Ballot! Go to vote.utah.gov and click “Track my mail or provisional ballot” to find out your ballot’s status. Questions or concerns? Contact your county clerk!
- Encourage others to vote too! Showcase that you voted using social media to encourage others to cast a vote as well.
- Use Action Utah’s “I Voted” Facebook frame to let others know you voted in 2020.
- Post a picture of you dropping your ballot in the mail or a drop box.
- Remind 3 friends and family to vote too.