Communications and Video Internships
Gain valuable hands-on experience developing and carrying out communications, marketing, and outreach strategies that promote civic engagement, mobilize action and spur the growth of our organization. Communications internships are an opportunity to utilize and hone communications and marketing skills within a dynamic and passionate organization working to make a real difference in Utah. Responsibilities may include written and graphic content creation, social media posting and tracking, online community management, website improvements, earned media strategies and advocacy campaign strategies that encourage and inspire.
Action Utah offers filmmaking internships focused on the production of videos that educate, promote, mobilize and inspire. Video internships offer the opportunity to build and hone video planning/development, production, editing and post production skills to empower Utahns with valuable information and make community advocacy more fun and accessible. Please indicate if you would like to apply for a video internship in your cover letter.
Requirements for applicants:
- Graphic design skills
- Social media savvy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, hard worker
- Familiarity with G Suite (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other graphics program experience a bonus)
- For video interns: experience in film production and editing and access to basic editing tools (social media savvy a bonus)
- Enrollment in sophomore year of college or equivalent
- Declared major in marketing or communications preferred
- A minimum commitment of 10 hours per week for at least 3 months
How to apply:
Email us with your cover letter, resume, two references and at least three samples of graphic design, web design, communications and/or social media posts (or video/film samples for video interns). Your cover letter should include your anticipated start date and desired duration of the internship, plus any school credit requirements you are seeking to fulfill. Please also indicate how you found us and why you believe Action Utah would be a good fit for you.