Host a Living Room Conversation!
Want to make an impact? Invite us over!
Host your a casual “Living Room Conversations” in your homes or backyard for a group of 15 or more with Action Utah to:
- demystify our political and elections systems
- share community advocacy tools and resources
- foster conversations about specific issues that matter to you
How It Works
- Think about what topic you might like to discuss in your Living Room Conversation
- Contact Action Utah to confirm your topic, date and time for your Living Room Conversation event
- Send out an invitation with a goal to host at least 15 family, friends or neighbors for your event
- Day of: Provide snacks and refreshments for your guests. Action Utah will do the rest!
Sample Living Room Conversation Topics
Action Utah has given many Living Room Conversations across many topics. Here is a sampling of topics from previous conversations:
- Why does community advocacy matter and how do you do it?
- Climate advocacy in Utah
- Suicide prevention and how to make an impact to save lives
- How to successfully communicate with elected officials
- Five ways to get civically engaged to make a difference
- How to write a letter to the editor
- Advocacy during the State Legislative Session