If you aren’t registered to vote currently, make a plan to register and commit to it. Then register your friends and family. Find out everything you need to know about registering to vote right here.
Did you know that only about half of Utahns are registered to vote? Are you registered? How about those close to you?
Voting is one of the most basic and potent things we can do to make a difference.
Get registered today!
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
In Utah, it is simple to register. Here are four easy ways.
- REGISTER ONLINE. With a current Utah drivers’ license, you can easily register online here. In order to register online, your Utah drivers license needs to have your current address, but that can easily be updated online right from the same link! NOTE: You must register online to vote at least 7 days prior to an election in order to qualify to vote in that election.
- MAIL IN FORM. If you don’t want to register online, you can fill out this form and mail it in. If you don’t have a Utah drivers license or state-issued ID, fill in the form, including the portion with the last four digits of your social security number to register! (You can leave blank the portion asking for the Utah drivers license number.) NOTE: You must mail in paper registration forms at least 30 days in advance of an election to qualify to vote in that election.
- IN PERSON. You can also register in-person at the county clerks’ office in your county and several other government offices (including your local DMV, the Department of Workforce Services, and the Utah State Department of Health). Click here for a more complete list of locations where you can register to vote in person. NOTE: You must register to vote in person at least 7 days prior to an election in order to qualify to vote in that election.
- BY TEXT. Registering by text can take less than a minute, and you can do it right now! Simply text “VOTERISE” to 788-683.
Voter registration requirements
In order to register to vote in Utah you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Utah for at least 30 days immediately before the election
- Be at least 18 years old on the day of the election
- Reside in the voting district or precinct in which the person applies to register to vote
Elections happen every year in Utah. Registration deadlines are as follows:
- For Mail-In: 30 Days prior to the election
- For In-person or online: 7 days prior
- To affiliate as a Republican and be eligible to vote in Republican primaries: 30 days prior (for unregistered or Democratic affiliated voters – unaffiliated registered voters may affiliate as Republicans at a polling place to be eligible to vote in GOP primaries)
Need to update your registration?
Moved? Voters with a current and valid Utah Driver License, state issued ID or social security card can register or update their registration online here.
Need to find your polling location?
Necesita registrarse por correspondencia en español?
Encuentra la forma aquí.
TAKE NOTE: Voter ID is required at the polls!
Utah law now requires ALL voters to present Identification at the poll (20A-1-102) Please present to the election official:
One (1) form of ID bearing voter’s name and PHOTOGRAPH
- Currently valid Utah driver’s license
- Currently valid identification card that is issued by the state of Utah
- Currently valid identification card issued by a branch, department, or agency of the United States
- Currently valid UTAH concealed weapon permit
- Currently valid United States passport
- Currently valid United States Military ID Card
- Valid tribal identification card, with or without photograph
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Card
- Tribal Treaty Card
A voter may use a form of identification listed above that does NOT contain a photograph, but establishes the name of the voter and provides evidence that the voter resides in the voting precinct IF at least one other form of identification listed below is also presented.
Two (2) forms of ID bearing voter’s name and providing evidence that the voter resides within the voting precinct
- Current utility bill or copy dated within 90 days before the election
- Bank or other financial account statement or copy
- Currently valid ID Card issued by a UTAH college, university, technical school, or professional school
- Valid Social Security Card
- Check or copy of check issued by the state of UTAH or federal government
- Paycheck or copy of paycheck from place of employment
- Currently valid UTAH hunting or fishing license
- Certified Naturalization Documentation
- Currently valid license issued by an authorized agency of the United Statesa certified copy of court records showing the voter’s adoption or name change
- Valid Medicaid Card, Medicare Card, or Electronic Benefits Transfer Card
- Currently valid ID Card issued by a local government within the state of UTAH
- Currently valid ID Card issued by an employer
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Current UTAH vehicle registration