Introducing Project #KnowYourVote
In 2019, a group of high school students in Salt Lake County have decided to do something to help voters get to know candidates on their ballots by surveying everyone who is running for office and making their answers publicly available on one easy-to-use website.
The goals of this student-led initiative are to:
- Educate and mobilize voters to participate in elections by providing survey information on the candidates.
- Engage students across Utah in collective participation in elections in order to bring them into the political process, instill an appreciation for the power of voting and begin a life-long habit of participating in elections – even while they are still too young to vote.
Project #KnowYourVote works by utilizing a network of Utah high school students – administrators, recruiters and ambassadors — in a collective effort to run and market the project.
That’s where you come in!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Are you a high school student in Utah? Volunteer to join the project! Project #KnowYourVote is going statewide in 2020! We are currently seeking student volunteers to become administrators (immediately), recruiters (soon) and ambassadors (later in the year).
- Find out about team opportunities and the benefits of joining Know Your Vote here!
- Then email us at email@example.com to sign up!
- Spread the word to other high school students who may be interested by sharing this action!
- Get the news out to the community about Project #KnowYourVote by posting and tweeting a link to this page on social media!
Engaging students in elections
Educating and mobilizing Utah voters
Growing voter turnout
Creating a more engaged electorate today — and tomorrow!
2020 Candidate Responses – Coming soon!
#KnowYourVote Ambassadors will be contacting general election candidates for the 2020 Elections. Find candidate responses here to help inform your vote and ensure you cast a vote for all down-ballot candidates in 2020!
Important election dates:
- March 3, 2020 – “Super Tuesday” Presidential Primary Election in Utah
- June 30, 2020 – Primary Elections in Utah
- November 3, 2020 – 2020 General Election
Pledge to vote in 2020!
Sign Action Utah’s 2020 Voter Pledge to commit to voting. We’ll follow up with simple reminders about election information and dates to make sure you don’t miss your chance to vote and get your voice heard!